Research Associate, Coordinator
Transformative governance in cities and regions
Focus of work
Large-scale innovation dialogues
Selected other professional activities and committee work (since 2016)
Elected representative of the faculty board and representative of mid-level staff at the department of social sciences
Diploma in computer science, systemic counsellor
- Since 2000: Coordinator of the research area "Transformative governance in cities and regions"
- Since 2009: Member of the research council, Social Research Centre Dortmund
- 2010–2013: Head of Public Relations, Social Research Centre Dortmund
- 2000–2005: Consultant of the Soziale Innovation GmbH, Dortmund
- 1994–1997: Coordinator of the European research network "euroNET WORK&EDUCATION"
- Since 1994: Research Associate at the Social Research Centre Dortmund, TU Dortmund University
- Trained as a systemic counsellor at the Zentrum für systemische Forschung und Beratung (Centre for Systemic Research and Counselling), Heidelberg
- Studies in computer science with a minor in sociology at TU Dortmund University
- 2019 - 2023: Initiator and network coordinator of the project Evolving Regions
- 2018 - 2019: iResilience – Soziale Innovationen und intelligente Stadtinfrastrukturen für die resiliente Stadt der Zukunft (R&D stage)
- 2017 - 2018: Aufbau einer regionalen Handlungsbasis in drei Regionen in NRW zur Umsetzung einer integrierten Klimaanpassung in regionalen Akteursnetzwerken (project leader)
- 2016 - 2017: KoSI-LAB: Kommunale Labore sozialer Innovation (project leader)
- 2016 - 2019: Klimoprax (project leader)
- 2014 - 2017: CASI "Public Participation in Developing a Common Framework for Assessment and Management of Sustainable Innovation" (project leader)
Search & People Search
Location & approach
Exit 13 (Kreuz Dortmund Nord-Ost), direction Derne/Schwerte (B236), 1st exit direction Dortmund-Eving, next traffic lights turn right (Kemminghauser Str.), after 2.7km turn left (Evinger Str./B 54), after 1.1km traffic lights turn left (Deutsche Straße), after 500m on the left is the Evinger Platz.
From the Bundesstraße 1 (extension A40 or A44) to the intersection B1/B236 direction Lünen, 3rd exit direction Dortmund-Eving.
Exit Dortmund Hafen, turn left until the intersection Münsterstraße (B54), direction Eving, after about three kilometers turn into Deutsche Straße.
You can download an enlarged general map here
From Dortmund Airport, it takes just about 20 minutes to get to Dortmund Central Station by AirportExpress and from there to the university by subway (U-Bahn) 41. The stop is "Zeche Minister Stein". A wider range of international flight connections is offered by Düsseldorf Airport, about 60 kilometers away, which can be reached directly by S-Bahn from the university station. From there, you can get directly to Dortmund Central Station.