TU Dortmund University seeks to make its websites and mobile applications accessible pursuant to EU Directive 2016/2102. The following Accessibility Statement documents the implementation status for the website sowi.tu-dortmund.de/en/ in compliance with the Ordinance of the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia on the Creation of Barrier-Free Information Technology in Accordance with the Act on Equal Opportunities for Disabled Persons (BITVNRW).
Status of conformity with accessibility requirements
This website is party compliant with EU Directive 2016/2102.
Verification method: self-assessment
Compiled on: 2020-08-01
Last verified on: 2020-10-22
The content listed below is non-accessible:
- PDF files integrated in the website
- Videos integrated in the website
- Not all of the currently used shades of color achieve the required contrast at a browser zoom factor of 100 percent.
- Due to the large number of PDF documents made available that were produced prior to 23.09.2018, it has so far not been possible to transpose all of these into an accessible format. These are successively superceded by accordingly modified versions.
- It has not been possible yet to add audio descriptions to the currently available video material.
- In the event of non-accessible enrollment documents, please contact the Student Registration Office. In the case of non-accessible exam regulations, please contact the Central Examinations Office. In all other cases, please use the feedback form below.
- The integrated videos are YouTube files with the option of displaying automatic subtitles.
- A strong magnification via the browser zoom function offers the necessary contrast. We are working on a completely barrier-free solution for this issue.
Feedback and contact details
You can report cases of non-compliance with accessibility requirements to us and request information on content which is excluded from the directive.
Office of University Communications
Tel.: +49 (0)231 755-5523>
If you would like to contact TU Dortmund/Sociology of Work and Organization , please use our feedback form.
Please indicate “Accessibility” in your message and tell us which content you are referring to by stating the URL.
If you have not received a satisfactory answer to your messages or queries regarding accessibility within six weeks, you can call in the arbitrator for accessible IT. He or she reports to the Commissioner for Matters relating to Disabled Persons in accordance with Section 11 of the Act on Equal Opportunities for Disabled Persons of the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia. If you wish to initiate an arbitration procedure, please complete the corresponding application form and send it via email to:
Arbitration Board for Barrier-Free Information Technology of the Federal State of North Rhine-Westphalia at the Office of the Commissioner for Matters relating to Disabled Persons
Further information on accessibility at TU Dortmund University
On the following pages you can find an overview of the measures TU Dortmund University is undertaking to improve accessibility as well as useful links to services and contact persons: Inclusion at TU Dortmund University
DoBuS – Department of Disability and Studies – offers advice and services for students and teaching staff, with the aim of creating fair conditions in studies and teaching for persons with a disability or chronic disorder. Further information: DoBuS
Search & People Search
Location & approach
Exit 13 (Kreuz Dortmund Nord-Ost), direction Derne/Schwerte (B236), 1st exit direction Dortmund-Eving, next traffic lights turn right (Kemminghauser Str.), after 2.7km turn left (Evinger Str./B 54), after 1.1km traffic lights turn left (Deutsche Straße), after 500m on the left is the Evinger Platz.
From the Bundesstraße 1 (extension A40 or A44) to the intersection B1/B236 direction Lünen, 3rd exit direction Dortmund-Eving.
Exit Dortmund Hafen, turn left until the intersection Münsterstraße (B54), direction Eving, after about three kilometers turn into Deutsche Straße.
You can download an enlarged general map here
From Dortmund Airport, it takes just about 20 minutes to get to Dortmund Central Station by AirportExpress and from there to the university by subway (U-Bahn) 41. The stop is "Zeche Minister Stein". A wider range of international flight connections is offered by Düsseldorf Airport, about 60 kilometers away, which can be reached directly by S-Bahn from the university station. From there, you can get directly to Dortmund Central Station.
From Dortmund Central Station, take the U 41 light rail (direction Brambauer / Brechten). The stop is "Zeche Minister Stein". The Minister Stein Center is located on the right in the direction of travel of the streetcar.
You can find an overview map here.