Social Research Centre Dortmund (sfs)
Evinger Platz 17, room 55
Tel.: +49 231 755 90252
Fax: +49 231 755 90205
Research area Innovation and education in the digital society
Focus of work
Role of the Public Sector as part of the Social Innovation Ecosystem
Digitalization and Flexibilization within the Public Sector
- Since July 2022: Senior Researcher I Social Research Center at TU Dortmund University, Germany
- 2019 - now (prosp. 2022): PhD in Business Administration I TU Dortmund University, Germany
- 2019 - 2022: Research Associate I Professorship of Technology Management / TIE Institute at TU Dortmund University, Germany
- 2018: Transatlantic Ruhr Fellow I Summer Program Rutgers University + Internship New York University, New York, NY, USA
- 2016 - 2017: Head of Accreditations for the World Championships (indoor handball) and Project Manager Beach Handball I German Handball Federation [alongside studies]
- 2015 - 2018: Parliamentary Secretary I Social Democratic Party of Germany [alongside studies]
- 2015: Research Assistant I Internationalization I International Office at TU Dortmund University, Germany
- 2014 - 2018: Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Industrial Engineering I TU Dortmund University, Germany
- 2014: Research Assistant I Marketing I Office of University Marketing at TU Dortmund University, Germany
- 2012: Research Assistant I Management I Westminster College, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- 2011 - 2012: Study abroad I Westminster College, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- 2009 - 2014: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Industrial Engineering I TU Dortmund University, Germany
- 2003 - 2009: Strategy Project Manager I Salzgitter Corporation, Germany
- 1998 - 2004: Magistra Artium (M.A.) in East Asian Economics, Chinese, Business Administration I Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Since 2022: ESF: European Social Innovation Alliance (ESIA)
Bauer, K. (2022). Involve, Public Leaders: How Public Leaders Can Foster Their Entrepreneurial Behavior at Times of Uncertainty. 2022 AOM Annual Meeting, ENT Division, Seattle, WA, USA.
Bauer, K. (2022). How Public Leaders Can Profit From Entrepreneurial Behavior In Crises. 2022 Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference, Waco, TX, USA.
Bauer, K., Flatten T.C., Schmidt, C.V.H. (2022). How Crisis-Ridden Public Leaders Can Fuel Their Entrepreneurial Behavior by Involving Citizens. 2022 Public Management Research Conference, Phoenix, AZ, USA.
Bauer, K., Flatten T.C., Schmidt, C.V.H. (2022). How Imaginative Public Leaders Can Leverage on Entrepreneurial Behavior to Cope with Uncertainty. 2022 Public Management Research Conference, Phoenix, AZ, USA.
Bauer, K., Flatten T.C., Kindermann, B. (2020). Public Chiefs, Be Entrepreneurial: How Imaginative Public Managers Take Advantage Of Effectuation. 2020 Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference, Knoxville, TN, USA. Conference canceled due to Coronavirus.
Bauer, K. (2019). Personal and organizational antecedents of innovation and digitalization in the public sector (An approach to bridge public sector and business concepts). 2019 Transatlantic Sync, Mountain View, CA, USA.
- Since 2022: Academy of Management I Divisions: Entrepreneurship (ENT) + Public & Non-Profit (PNP)
- Since 2022: Public Management Research Association