Workshops of the GOW – Dortmund 2020
Wifi in residential groups - opportunities and possibilities through the use of the Internet
Content and Methodology:
- Opportunities and risks of Internet use (the focus is on opportunities)
- How do I use the Internet correctly? → individual wishes
- How do I help my clients use the Internet safely?
- Purchase of the Internet for the facility
- Combination of theoretical and practical input
- People with cognitive impairment
- Education about the opportunities and possibilities of Internet use
- Competence acquisition
- Minimizing the digital gap
#Watch out - Dangers on the Internet - We show you your Plan B!
- Raising awareness of responsible handling
- Hazard detection
- Advantages and disadvantages of online gaming
- Child-friendly alternative as a solution to violent games
- Elementary pupils of the 3rd + 4th grade
- Development of a jump'n'run game
- Development of a conscious approach to online gaming
- Presentation of an alternative offer
- Promotion of self-reflection
Media in everyday life - risks of the smartphone
- Preliminary: Questionnaire on usage behavior
- Reflection on own usage behavior and assessment of comparative figures through a question and answer session
- Joint development of risks by means of case studies
- Group work on the advantages and disadvantages of different apps
- Joint development of a checklist in the form of a poster
- Pupils of the lower school (different school types)
- Creation of a checklist in the form of a poster for the individual classes
- Raising awareness for a reflective use of the smartphone
- Raising awareness of the risks of various APPs
Media-based vocational preparation for refugees
Content and Methodology:
- Teaching basic skills through an interactive presentation
- Preparation of an exemplary letter of application / CV
- Consolidation of the knowledge through practical application and a handout
- Refugees of all ages with basic knowledge of the German language
- Acquire the skills to create a curriculum vitae and a strong application letter
Search & People Search
Location & approach
Exit 13 (Kreuz Dortmund Nord-Ost), direction Derne/Schwerte (B236), 1st exit direction Dortmund-Eving, next traffic lights turn right (Kemminghauser Str.), after 2.7km turn left (Evinger Str./B 54), after 1.1km traffic lights turn left (Deutsche Straße), after 500m on the left is the Evinger Platz.
From the Bundesstraße 1 (extension A40 or A44) to the intersection B1/B236 direction Lünen, 3rd exit direction Dortmund-Eving.
Exit Dortmund Hafen, turn left until the intersection Münsterstraße (B54), direction Eving, after about three kilometers turn into Deutsche Straße.
You can download an enlarged general map here
From Dortmund Airport, it takes just about 20 minutes to get to Dortmund Central Station by AirportExpress and from there to the university by subway (U-Bahn) 41. The stop is "Zeche Minister Stein". A wider range of international flight connections is offered by Düsseldorf Airport, about 60 kilometers away, which can be reached directly by S-Bahn from the university station. From there, you can get directly to Dortmund Central Station.
From Dortmund Central Station, take the U 41 light rail (direction Brambauer / Brechten). The stop is "Zeche Minister Stein". The Minister Stein Center is located on the right in the direction of travel of the streetcar.
You can find an overview map here.