Dr. Jennifer Eckhardt
Social Research Centre Dortmund (sfs)
Evinger Platz 17, Room 95
Tel.: +49 231 755 90268
Fax: +49 231 755 90205
Research Associate, Substitute Coordinator
Innovation and education in the digital society
Focus of work
Conditions of an inclusive society
Diversity, inequality and participation
Social policy interventions
Research on subjectivation; qualitative methodology and methods
- Since 10/2021: Substitute Coordinator of the research area "Innovation and education in the digital society"
- Since 07/2015: Research Associate at the Social Research Centre Dortmund, social science research and consulting in the research area "Innovation and education in the digital society"
- 02/2014–07/2015: Research Associate, Technical University of Munich, Chair of sociology of diversity (Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Wacker): Further development of municipal participation reporting
- 05/2013–10/2014: Research Assistant (as of 03/14 Research Associate), TU Dortmund University/University Duisburg-Essen; Mercator cooperation project "Neue Mitleidsökonomie" (Prof. Dr. Fabian Kessl and Prof. Dr. Axel Groenemeyer)
- 10/2011–08/2013: Master studies in Rehabilitation science, focus on theories of inclusion and exclusion, normality and heterogeneity
- 10/2011–05/2013: Student Assistant, Chair for Sociology of rehabilitation, TU Dortmund University, giving tutorials on scientific research
- 07/2012–07/2013: Employee Streetwork Diakonie Dortmund; lifeworld-oriented social work in the field of alcohol/drug use; illegalized sex work
- 09/2009–07/2012: Employee Diakonie Dortmund; inpatient psychiatric facility for vocational rehabilitation, leisure activities, night service, crisis intervention
- SISCODE - Co-Design for society in innovation and science
- Wirkungsberichterstattung PIKSL
- CODEMOB: Digitale Fähigkeiten in außerschulischen Lernorten
- SI-DRIVE: Social innovation: driving force of social change
Search & People Search
Location & approach
Exit 13 (Kreuz Dortmund Nord-Ost), direction Derne/Schwerte (B236), 1st exit direction Dortmund-Eving, next traffic lights turn right (Kemminghauser Str.), after 2.7km turn left (Evinger Str./B 54), after 1.1km traffic lights turn left (Deutsche Straße), after 500m on the left is the Evinger Platz.
From the Bundesstraße 1 (extension A40 or A44) to the intersection B1/B236 direction Lünen, 3rd exit direction Dortmund-Eving.
Exit Dortmund Hafen, turn left until the intersection Münsterstraße (B54), direction Eving, after about three kilometers turn into Deutsche Straße.
You can download an enlarged general map here
From Dortmund Airport, it takes just about 20 minutes to get to Dortmund Central Station by AirportExpress and from there to the university by subway (U-Bahn) 41. The stop is "Zeche Minister Stein". A wider range of international flight connections is offered by Düsseldorf Airport, about 60 kilometers away, which can be reached directly by S-Bahn from the university station. From there, you can get directly to Dortmund Central Station.
From Dortmund Central Station, take the U 41 light rail (direction Brambauer / Brechten). The stop is "Zeche Minister Stein". The Minister Stein Center is located on the right in the direction of travel of the streetcar.
You can find an overview map here.