Social Research Centre Dortmund (sfs)
Evinger Platz 17, Room 17
Tel.: +49 231 755-90275
Fax: +49 231 755 90205
Research area Transformative governance in cities and regions
Focus of work
- Since October 2021: Research Associate at Social Research Centre, TU Dortmund University, part of the project "T-Factor"
- August 2020–September 2021: Research Assistant at Social Research Centre, TU Dortmund University, part of project "T-Factor"
- Oktober 2019–Oktober 2021: Master of Science in Spatial Planning - Urban Transformations at the Faculty of Spatial Planning at TU Dortmund University
- August 2016–Oktober 2018: Erasmus+ scholar, Master of Science in Environmental Studies for Urban Sustainability (JEMES CiSu) at Aalborg University, in partnership with Aveiro University and the Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Mai 2013–Mai 2014: Student Assistant at the Geographic Information Systems division of the Environmental Science department in the Faculty of Marine Sciences at the Autonomous University of Baja California, Mexico
- August 2011–Juli 2015: Bachelor in Environmental Science at the Autonomous University of Baja California, Mexico
- August 2014–Dezember 2014: International Exchange semester at Mount Royal University, Calgary, Canada
Castro, Alejandra; Wascher, Eva (2021): Dortmunder U and Union Quarter - The role of meanwhileuses in urban regeneration. T-Factor Advanced Case Study Report. Working Paper, TU Dortmund University. DOI: 0.17877/DE290R-22049.
Talens Peiro, Laura; Castro Giron, Alejandra; Gabarrell i Durany, Xavier (2019): Examining the feasibility of the urban mining of hard disk drives. Journal of Cleaner Production. Vol 248. available online at https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.119216.
- Castro, Alejandra (2022): “Define ‘Meanwhile’: How the understanding of meanwhile uses affects implementation in urban regeneration masterplans across European cities.” Dortmunder Konferenz 2022. Raumplanung Fakultät an der TU Dortmund. 14/02/2022 – 15/02/2022.
- Castro, Alejandra; Chang, Robin (2022): “Contrasting the influence of success perception in meanwhile use employment within urban regeneration processes: A comparison between a German and a Spanish case study.” Delivering Urban Transformation Through Co-production symposium. European Planning Cultures – Faculty of Spatial Planning of TU Dortmund. 24/01/2022 – 25/01/2022.
- Castro, Alejandra (2022): “Arts for Sustainability Literacy: An experimental approach employing temporary uses in urban regeneration.” Transformative Innovation Policy Consortium Conference 2022. European Forum for Studies of Policies for Research and Innovation. 17/01/2022 – 21/01/2022.
- Castro, Alejandra (2021): “Las ciencias ambientales en la práctica: Innovación social y sostenibilidad urbana.” Lecture in the course “Comunicación Oral y Escrita” at Universidad Autonoma de Baja California. Ensenada, Mexico. 18/11/2021.
- Castro, Alejandra; Wascher, Eva (2021): “Localizing the SDGs – The Potential of Temporary Uses in Urban Regeneration.” Lecture in the course “Society, Sustainable Development and Organization” at HEC Montreal. Montreal, Canada. 23/09/2021.
- Castro, Alejandra (2014): “Using Charismatic Species to Stimulate Greenway Planning: A Case Study from Ensenada, Mexico.” Under Western Skies: Intersections of Environments, Technologies and Communities, Urban/Rural Ecologies and Policies Panel. 2014/09/09 – 2014/09/12. Mount Royal University. Calgary, Canada 10/09/2014.